Here are some cute little treats that I gave to the attendees of my Too Cool Demo Team meeting last week...
Inspired by Janet Baker at Snippets and Pretties.
This little Tic Tac cover is both adorable and refreshing! It slides over the top to expose a snowman's tummy full of Tacs! Wouldn't they make nice stocking stuffers?!
The base of the holder is created with a Two Tags die-cut tied up with a Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon. I colored one of the snowman images from Snow Much Fun using Blender Pens and Ink Pads. After I cut out the colored image, I adhered it to the holder then punched out his tummy with the 1" Circle Punch.
Touch-Up Tip: I could see a lot of white left around my image after my free-hand cutting, so I used the point of my brush tip markers to color those edges Baja Breeze to match the background. Wow, that really made my cuts look more neat and tidy!
Finally, I stamped a Teeny Tiny Wishes sentiment in Early Espresso, then used the 2-Way Glue Pen to add some Dazzling Diamonds glitter snow effects!
Create Your Own Two-Tags Tic Tac Holder
Printable version: Download Snow Much Fun Tic Tac Holder
- Start with a piece of cardstock that is 5-7/8" x 2-3/4" and fold it in half.
- Place the fold of the cardstock about 1/4" below the score line in the larger of the tags on the Two Tags Die. The cardstock should cover the top of the tag completely.
- Here is what it looks like after running it through the Big Shot. You can see how far the fold is away from the score line on the die (click to enlarge).
- Fold your tag on the score lines.
- Fold each end where it naturally creases at the slit mark. Add your front decoration and punch the window.
- Thread ribbon through the back hole. One end will come through the front hole and the other will come up through the front slit.
- When you pull the ribbons tight, the two flaps should overlap and lay nicely. Tie a bow. Your decorated cover should slide right over the top of the Tic Tacs.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Snow Much Fun, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink—Blender Pen; Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Baja Breeze Classic Ink, Baja Breeze Markers
- Paper—Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Diamonds, White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
- Tools—Two Tags Die, Big Shot, 1" Circle Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL
You can find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.
- Wow Techniques Class—Jan. 18, 6:30pm.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Jan. 22 - March 22.