OOOOooooh! Are you getting excited?! The Holiday Mini Catalog premieres tomorrow! Woohoo!
But, there is lots of fun stuff going on today...!
Don't miss your last chance to purchase items from the Summer Mini Catalog! This is your final opportunity to order these must-haves:
- The Nautical Suite of products—awesomely masculine The Open Sea and Sail Away stamps, plus the Nautical Expedition DSP! You know you never have enough images for the boys! See a sample on my Nautical Expedition post.
- Happy Greetings stamps—A super, multipurpose sentiment set! See some samples on my Kissed Impressions projects.
- Strength & Hope—Order this beautiful set and $2 will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. See Deb's Card from yesterday, or the gorgeous Mother of Pearl card.
Today Is The LAST DAY For The Buy 3, Get 1 FREE DSP Promotion
Stock up on all your favorite Designer Series Papers—Buy 3, Get 1 FREE!
Flirtatious Two Cool Contest Winner
Thank you for the overwhelming participation in my Flirtatious Two Cool Cards Contest! The winner, chosen by Random.org is...
Woohoo! Congratulations, Colleen! I have sent you an email with details on selecting your prize!
Flirtatious Two Cool Answers: I came up with...
- Circles v stripes
- Polka Dots v Stripes folders
- Sentiment is circle v tag shaped
- Two different sentiments
- Button on one right v left of sentiment
- Twine leaning left v right
- Scallop layer v tag layer
On The Grow Two Cool Cards
Today's cards feature the pretty On The Grow stamp set. This is another set that'll be gone after today!
Can you believe it?!
The lined images are perfectly designed for watercolor techniques, so that's what I used on these two pretty cards!
I had so much fun creating these Two Cool cards!
- Watercoloring—First, stamp the image with Basic Black onto Whisper White. The black ink is permanent, so it will not smear as easily during watercoloring. Next, I picked up colors from the lids of the stamp pads with my Blender Pen and applied them to the image. I started coloring with lighter shades and worked toward darker inks for shaded areas. Vase was Pool Party and Not Quite Navy. Leaves were Wild Wasabi. Flowers were Daffodil Delight and More Mustard.
- Masking—I stamped the same image onto a Post-It note and cut it out for a mask. I pllaced this over the image, then stamped the background pattern over the top. I added some coordinating sponging to the edges, and a bit of Color Spritzing with Not Quite Navy marker, too.
- Paper Piecing—For a more 3D effect, I cut out parts of the image and raised them up with Dimensionals.
Card Background: I stamped the card front with images in Pool Party, just to get a very subtle pattern on the base. Next, I embossed a 1-3/4" strip with Impressions Folders to have more tone-on-tone texture. The Scallop Trim Border in Wild Wasabi and the Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon add some contrasting accents.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—On The Grow, The Open Sea, En Francais
- Ink—Basic Black, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy Classic Ink and Not Quite Navy Markers
- Paper—Island Indigo, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Pearl Jewels, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Houndstooth Impressions Folder, Square Lattice Impressions Folder, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Blender Pen, Color Spritzer, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, SNAIL
On The Grow Two Cool Cards Contest
Wow! There are lots of differences between these Two Cool cards—I found 10! Can you spot at least 8 differences? Be sure to click to enlarge the photos to see them up close!
9/8/2011 Update: See all the differences I found: On The Grow Answers.
To enter, email your answers to me with the words "On The Grow" in the subject line, by end of day Tuesday, September 6, 2011. If you have at least 8 differences, you will be entered into the contest. The winner will receive a Scallop Trim Border Punch!
Fine print: Qualifying entries will be assigned a number in the order they are received, and the winning number will be selected will be selected by Random.org. Winner will be announced on September 7, 2011. US Residents only. Fellow demonstrators may participate. Previous Too Cool blog contest winners must wait at least 30 days following their contest win before they can be qualified for another contest.
Looking forward to receiving your emails! Good luck!